Moving Guidelines and Moving tips was designed many years ago to answer all of your moving questions . After coming across many similar scenarios as well as questions we felt that having a moving guideline system would assist the customer as well as handle any upcoming issues that should arise with your moving service.
You will receive the Moving Guidelines when you receive your contract.
Effective 2-13-2020 WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING PERSONAL CHECKS.
Effective 2-13-2020 WE ARE NO LONGER ARE ACCEPTING PERSONAL CHECKS. All moves are to be paid in cash or credit card due to numerous customers bouncing checks over the past year. It is almost impossible with the new laws to collect on these debts. There is a 3.7% transaction fee on credit cards. This is what the credit card company charges us for using their system.
1. All boxes must be closed and taped, and properly marked for each room. We can shrink wrap together your brooms, mops, rakes, and yard tools. When the men arrive and your items are not packed, they will not move them. They will not wait for packing to be completed. Please make sure everything is removed from the tops of tables, nightstands, dressers etc.
2. You may leave the drawers in the dressers. We will move them the way they are. Please pack the contents of your long dressers and armoires. Nightstands and desks also need to be emptied. There are gaps between the drawers which cause items to be dumped when the items are tilted. You may leave all files in filing cabinets.
3. We will break down bedroom furniture and reassemble it. This season we have come across many customers moving from large apartments/homes into small apartments taking the same amount of furnishings. If you are boxed in the guys will not reassemble certain furniture because they cannot access it. This guideline applies to all NYC moves.
4. Wardrobe boxes may be purchased. If wardrobe boxes are not available, you may also buy extra-large boxes for wardrobes. Remove the hanging clothing 5-7 hangers at a time. Make one fold in the middle of the clothing and place in box. Do not over-stuff the box to prevent wrinkles. Heavy duty garbage bags are sufficient for bedding.Wardrobe boxes do not come with the standard packing job. You must specifically ask for them. We use the large box system.
5. The customer is responsible for all snow removal and salt. Stairs and driveway must be cleared prior to the truck arriving. Overtime charges will apply if snow removal is not done prior to arriving at pick up or destination.
6. The customer is responsible to prepare for protection of flooring within the house. We recommend going to Lowe’s or Home Depot and buying Red Rosin Paper. It is located in the hardwood flooring section and usually runs about $15.00 for a large roll. The paper can be laid with masking tape throughout the walk area of the house for added protection against hardwood flooring. If rosin paper is not available we will be able to use two or three moving pads to lay in the entrance of the home. Our employees cannot remove their shoes due to Workman’s Comp and safety issues.
7. We are not responsible for the customers packing of boxes unless the box is crushed, or torn open. Please carefully pack glass and label box FRAGILE. Bubbles are available through our company at a lower cost than most retail stores.
Packing completed by us follows .60 per lb insurance.
8. We will pad and shrink wrap large pictures and mirrors (over 2 feet long) free of charge, no more than 5 pictures/mirrors. You are responsible for packing lamp shades and bulbs. Lamp shades are very fragile, many customers opt to take lamps in their own car. We have plastic mattress covers for sale at 10.00 each. You must call or email me prior to your move if you need them, as the men do not carry these covers on the truck.
9. The customer is responsible for doing walk through of their home prior to the truck leaving to make sure everything has been loaded. When the truck arrives to be unloaded at the new home the customer should stand near the entrance to where the truck is being unloaded and tell each employee where each item is being placed within the house when the items are being carried in. The customer is also responsible for doing a walk through of the truck when the move is completed to ensure nothing has been left on the truck.
10. Payment is to be made cash or credit card.
11. For the safety of your animals and our employees please cage or remove your animals from the move site.
12. The customer is responsible for disposal of shrink wrap used on the job. Because we are considered commercial, our dump runs to the landfill are high, to keep your cost down we ask you to dispose of this.
13. If your move was bid by truck size, this is for one trip only, unlimited hours and men. Additional trips carry an extra charge.
Piano and gun safe moving is NOT included in this price. All pianos/gun safes have extra charges due to weight and manpower involved. Please read your contract and make sure your piano/gun safe is listed along with the charge on the bottom of the last page.
14. Only during certain moves will the head employee ask for half down prior to loading the truck and the other half when the job is completed. This is at the discretion of Mike or Jen (owners) when this happens. All out of state moves operate like this.
15. If an itemized inventory and single price is listed on your contract versus based on truck size, the guys must follow this inventory. Your price will change if your inventory changes drastically. Single prices are given through walk through estimates or smaller shipments via phone. All phone conversations are recorded to ensure accuracy of inventory given by customers.
16. We have the right to substitute truck size. You may receive a larger or smaller truck.
17. Over time charges will apply for assembly and dis-assembly of furniture and appliances that take more than 5 minutes per item. This includes removing interior doors, refrigerator doors, two or more piece desks, oversized bed frames. Over time charges are in 15 minutes increments.
Excessive distance and stair carry charge: There will be a charge for excessive distance which is defined as the walking area to or from the home to the truck that is being loaded or unloaded.
A stair carry charge will incur if you do not have stair carry listed on your contract. This does not apply for two story homes.
Excessive distance is more than 50 feet. If you have excessive distance, please make sure this is listed on your moving contract or you could be charged for this.
Elevator delay due to residents or other movers using the same elevator.
Multi-level storage facilities --- for storage facilities that we are not able to back directly up to the door and unload.
Ikea furniture. Particle board is NOT covered under insurance. Ikea furniture and adjustable beds may require excessive breakdown and reassembly, there may be an additional charge for this. The main employee will let you know if this should occur prior to break down.
18. We will no longer be liable for movement of granite. Granite is extremely delicate and needs to be crated prior to moving. We will move your granite piece(s) but will not cover any damages to it. Our men will cardboard, pad, and shrink wrap granite pieces and protect them to the best of their ability. Due to veins within the granite, it is not considered a stable piece thus subject to damage regardless of the handling procedures. Cold climate as well as humidity affect granite making it extremely fragile.
19. We are not responsible for your purse, loose change, coins, jewelry, laptops, or valuables. Please take them with you. Please do not leave these items left in the open. You may pack them in boxes that are taped shut.
20. Payment for out of state moving is as follows. 1/2 balance of cash is due when the loading is completed. The remaining 1/2 balance is due prior to the truck being unloaded at the destination.
21. Over stuffing/overweight boxes. Since we base our prices on truck size, customers lately have been using extra-large boxes and over-stuffing them to avoid going into more space used within the truck. Some of these boxes are hitting 100lbs or more.When packing yourself, please use book boxes for books. They are a smaller carton (1.5 carton). Please do not try to stuff your entire apartment into one box. There will be an added fee if this happens. The average home should use an assortment of boxes. Small, medium, and large. Totes are acceptable. Your entire book collection in one tote is unacceptable.
22. Moving large items- Some items such as your dressers, beds, or pianos will not fit into your new space because of hallway turns, stairs, or doorways. The guys will assess the situation and determine if the item will fit. The guys are trained to specifically deal with situations such as these. If they state the item will not fit they will not move it. And this is based on the space, if it may damage your walls/trim, or the piece being moved. Please trust their judgment.
23. During peak season we schedule moves in the morning and the afternoon. 9am and 1:00 pm time slot. If your move is scheduled for the afternoon, keep in mind the guys are coming from the morning move to you. They may run ahead or behind schedule. The guys will call and give an approximate arrival time.
24. The 28-foot truck is a large and heavy truck. It can top 26,000lbs. We are not responsible for driveway or yard damage. The guys will ask for your permission to drive on the yard if need be. Cracking and scraping your driveway is not our responsibility. We average more than 300 moves a year and rarely if ever come across this issue.
25. Cancellation, or any changes, must be made at least 72 hours for local moves or 168 hours for out of state moves prior to the major portion of the move. Any charges incurred by the mover because of shipper’s failure to notify mover of cancellation, or change(s) at least 72 hours for local moves, 168 hours (7 days) for out of state moves in advance of the major portion of the move will be charged for at the mover’s applicable tariff rate. 25% of the booked move price.
26. We have a zero tolerance for violence, verbal abuse, drug/alcohol use (while my men are moving you), derogatory language, insults, arguing, and sexual harassment. We ask for all parties to be respectful at all times. If my guys feel uncomfortable in any situation they will remove themselves from the job. Over time charges will apply.
27. Haggling - Our rates for local moving are listed on our website. Please do not try to haggle the employees for a lower rate. Haggling will not be tolerated.
28. Do not offer or bait my employees with extra tip money/compensation for ANY work not outlined in the moving contract. You are to contact the office for additional work. We may impose a fine up to $1000.00 for work completed without the office's knowledge or not defined in the moving contract.
Moving and estimating shipment size is not an exact science. Even with a walk through estimate you may use more or less space that is quoted. With 27 years experience we do our best to estimate the space you are going to use, but it is not guaranteed.
At any time you may stop the movers if you think you are going over in space and want to keep on budget.
The truck is loaded utilizing all available space, loaded top to bottom, side to side. If you need a 2nd trip you will be charged according to space used.
If tips are given, please do not add this on your moving check. This causes tax issues for us. Please do not ask my men to do extra work outside of the contract or to charge less for your shipment for a "tip or a larger tip".
Do not contact my men after your move-to-move additional items or have questions - call the office. Tipping is appreciated but not required for my employees to perform their job as expected.
Items NOT covered in your move:
1. Jewelry - It would be best to pack and move jewelry yourself.
2. Documents/important papers - (marriage licenses, birth certificates, passports etc.)
3. Stamp or coin collections - also best to move yourself.
4. Pictures/painting not properly packed in a box or crated.
5. Inner workings of electronics, appliances, etc., unless there is clear evidence of mishandling of the item. If the item was handled properly and something does not work after the move, we WILL NOT be held responsible.
6. Sentimental items - value cannot be placed on something of sentiment.
7. Contents of boxes not packed or unpacked by us unless there is clear evidence of damage to the exterior of the box. (In other words, if the box is dented, crushed, or ripped.)
8. Software data - The loss of data is not covered.
9. Sets of furniture or appliances - If there is a matching set and one piece is damaged, we will be liable to replace or repair (up to your coverage selection) the one piece and it does not have to match the other.
10. Particle Board - Any piece of furniture made of particle board or like material.
11. Dangerous goods or liquids - such as cleaning supplies, aerosols, propane, etc. If you pack a dangerous good and it leaks from the box onto one of your items, the mover will not be held responsible in any way.
12. Glass, granite or marble tops - if not properly boxed or crated.
13. Animal mounts - if not properly boxed or crated. Fish tanks
14. Rental Trucks or Storage facilities - We are not responsible for items loaded into or unloaded from rental trucks or storage facilities.
15. Plants and Animals.
16. Photographs or Portraits - These will only be covered for the cost of the film and processing.